Munchkin News posts every Monday without fail (as long as we have news in the queue). But sometimes, we just don't really have much to talk about on Monday . . . and sometimes, what we have to talk about doesn't happen on a Monday and can't wait until the next Monday.
And if you think this just might be a stealthy way of suggesting that y'all keep an eye on those sources later this week . . . we'll never tell. Unless we do, later this week.
More important, though, BoardGameGeek.Con is coming up next week, and as usual we'll have a bunch of people going to play games and have a good time. Look for our booth in the dealers area (but we aren't selling anything this year) and look for us out in the gaming hall, trying new things and demoing our own games.
I'll be there the whole weekend. It's the first time I've officially been at BGG in a couple of years, so I'm really looking forward to it. If you're at the show, come find me and say hi!
Of course, if you don't already have a badge, you're way too late . . . even the hotels are all booked up, so you can't even come to Dallas and hope to crash the show. Better luck next year!
On November 3, for the first time in three months, the whole team will be back together at our main office. The post-flood renovations are complete and we're getting ready to set up in our new workspaces.
I'd like to extend very special thanks to the folks at Orange Coworking, our hosts since the start of August, for going WAY beyond our expectations in making us feel welcome. If you're in Austin and looking for a place to get some work done, check them out; they're good people. Tell 'em SJ Games sent you!
And thanks to you, our fans, for your support during this difficult time. It's good to be home.
If you're running a Halloween game day (and if not, why not? We are!), we here at Team Munchkin have lots of games you can add to the festivities.
- Munchkin Bites!: Play as a vampire, werewolf, or changeling. Kill the poor cattle who infest your world . . . and take their stuff!
- Munchkin Zombies: Play as a zombie. Eat the braaaaaaiins of the unfortunate survivors of the zombie holocaust . . . and take their stuff!
- Munchkin Cthulhu: Play as a monster whacker, professor, investigator . . . or a Cthulhu cultist! Uncover brain-twisting secrets and fight the Elder Gods . . . and take their stuff!
- Munchkin Treasure Hunt: For the younger set! Wander around a dungeon, pick up loose treasures, fight the monsters living there . . . and take their stuff!
- Add Munchkin Tricky Treats to any Munchkin game . . . and put Munchkin Undead on your wish list at your Friendly Local Game Store to be one of the first people to pick it up next month! (Do not take their stuff. They're real people and there are laws about that sort of thing.)
Special rule: If you're playing any variety of Munchkin in costume on Saturday, you get +2 in any combat against an Undead monster. Even if your costume represents the undead itself. Munchkins don't concern themselves with such things.
A few weeks ago, we started shipping Munchkin Marked for Death to our distributors. The very next day, Ross told us that he had sold the entire print run. Way to go, Ross!
Marked for Death should be on the shelves at your Friendly Local Game Store. Whatever the distributors have is what they're going to get, so you might warn your store to stock up now -- and if they haven't already ordered this booster, they'll definitely want to get some copies immediately.
We've been teasing this one since Munchkin World NYC, back in February, so we're glad it's finally available!