Given how treasure obsessed Munchkins are, it's a wonder we waited this long . . .
Munchkin Coins are special bits of promo goodness. Not only are they durable and shiny, the rules that govern their use change from month to month.
The first Munchkin Coin was the 2008 Munchkin Silver Piece. We've released a new Silver Piece each year since then, for 2009 through 2013, as well as a special Christmas variant set, a blue version for Game Trade Magazine in 2010, and a Gold Piece for Munchkin Quest.
All of these rules apply to any Munchkin game, and may be activated at any time (except where noted differently). The effect of each rule is limited to the owner of the coin, unless otherwise noted. Each Coin may only be activated once, and only one Coin is allowed per player.
Let us restate that for emphasis:
Each player may only have a single coin per game, and a single coin effect per game, unless stated otherwise.
September 1, 2014: Munchkin 2014 Silver Piece Rule For September 2014
Meta-rule for all of 2014: if you are playing Munchkin Apocalypse, or a blended game that includes Apocalypse cards, you may use the 2014 Silver Piece to Open or Close a Seal, your choice. Give the Silver Piece to the next player to successfully Run Away from a monster. As usual in Apocalypse, this rule cannot be used to reverse the opening of the Seventh Seal.
In any game of Munchkin, including Munchkin Quest, you may "spend" the Silver Piece to Hunt for Treasure. Give the Silver Piece to the player with the fewest Treasures in play (your choice if there is a tie). Show everyone the top three cards from the Treasure deck. Take the one you want and shuffle the other two back into the Treasure deck. You may play this Treasure immediately, even if you are in combat.
You may only use one Munchkin coin per game unless a rule says otherwise. This one does not.
- Interested in other promotional items for Munchkin? Take a look at the list of extras for bookmarks, shirts, posters, and more!
- To download the most up-to-date rules for all Munchkin games, go to our Rules page!
- Mixed up your decks? Not sure which expansion your cards are from? Check out our handy icons page to get things sorted out!
- Thomas Prentice put together some very nice PDF level counters. You can download them here.
- Looking for more Munchkin resources? Find places to meet fans, epic rules, other languages, and more here!