Given how treasure obsessed Munchkins are, it's a wonder we waited this long . . .
Munchkin Coins are special bits of promo goodness. Not only are they durable and shiny, the rules that govern their use change from month to month.
The first Munchkin Coin was the 2008 Munchkin Silver Piece. We've released a new Silver Piece each year since then, for 2009 through 2013, as well as a special Christmas variant set, a blue version for Game Trade Magazine in 2010, and a Gold Piece for Munchkin Quest.
All of these rules apply to any Munchkin game, and may be activated at any time (except where noted differently). The effect of each rule is limited to the owner of the coin, unless otherwise noted. Each Coin may only be activated once, and only one Coin is allowed per player.
Let us restate that for emphasis:
Each player may only have a single coin per game, and a single coin effect per game, unless stated otherwise.
December 1, 2013: Munchkin 2013 Silver Piece Rule For December 2013
Last month, we released the booster Munchkin Gets Promoted, so here's a rule about promotional items!
You may use this rule in any Munchkin-family game, including Munchkin Quest, when you are about to play or use a one-time promotional item (coin, bookmark, certain special cards, etc.). Playing the 2013 Silver Piece "buys" you a second use of that item, later in the same game. Give the 2013 Silver Piece to the player most nearly across the table; that player may not use the coin this game. If using the item requires you to give it away or destroy it, you do not need to do that until the second use of the item or the end of the game, whichever comes first.
You may only use a single coin per game . . . except that this coin lets you play it along with another one if you want. You cannot play a 2013 Silver Piece on another 2013 Silver Piece!
- Interested in other promotional items for Munchkin? Take a look at the list of extras for bookmarks, shirts, posters, and more!
- To download the most up-to-date rules for all Munchkin games, go to our Rules page!
- Mixed up your decks? Not sure which expansion your cards are from? Check out our handy icons page to get things sorted out!
- Thomas Prentice put together some very nice PDF level counters. You can download them here.
- Looking for more Munchkin resources? Find places to meet fans, epic rules, other languages, and more here!